Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

My daughter has a very bruised, swollen and painful eyelid.

My daughter has a very bruised, swollen and painful eyelid. It's bruised below the eye as well. She had a bump on the top part of her eye lid, not where a sty would be. Doctor took CBC and came back with her INR level high, blood I'd thin. She is not on any meds, or hasnt been sick. What could this mean? Doctor left her a message with just the levels being high. Now doctor is gone for the weekend.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Customer: Are are there?
Customer: Hello? I wrote a long question and was waiting for an answer
Dr. Rick :

my computer has crashed 3x not

Dr. Rick :

now

Dr. Rick :

I am trying to respond to you sorry about this....I'm on my laptop and I think a fan has burned out.

Dr. Rick :

I don't know if it will crash again any second but I will try to respond to you.

Dr. Rick :

Need to find out why her inr is so high and have her eye checked by an ophthalmologist

Customer: Okk. Did u see my question?
Dr. Rick :

to see if the blood clot is putting pressure on her eyeball. I would prob. do an MRI of the orbits to see where the blood is....but the number one thing is to find out what, systemically, is causing her INR to go up.

Dr. Rick :

just what you posted.

Dr. Rick :

nothing else came through

Customer: It's traveling to her other eye now.
Customer: Her doctor talked to the opthomologist over the phone and said that the pain could come from the bruising. That's when she decided to have a CBC work up
Customer: She didn't say anything about a blood clot
Dr. Rick :

my computer crashed again

Dr. Rick :

I am traveling and on my laptop. I am very sorry about this. I'm trying to hit enter so you get my messages even if I crash again.

Customer: oh no! That's a pain for you
Dr. Rick :

The bruise may have some sort of blood behind it

Dr. Rick :

ya.....time for a new computer!

Dr. Rick :

:(

Dr. Rick :

The ophthalmologist should take a look at her. As long as her vision is OK I don't think it is an emergency.

Dr. Rick :

I'm sure your doc is already thinking of the mega workup for your daughter to get to the bottom of the elevated INR

Customer: She didn't say anything that it could be a blood clot. Just that her inr is high meaning her blood is thin. Weird!
Customer: that makes me feel better. Thank you. The doc will call her back, I'm hoping over the weekend, but I was really nervous about this in the meantime.
Dr. Rick :

Just crashed again. Looks like I get 90 seconds between crashes.....lets keep going

Dr. Rick :

That is weird, but I'm sure they will get to the bottom of it.....now, before I crash again....

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.

Dr. Rick :

I, really, am sorry about this :( You shouldn't have to suffer because my computer goes on the fritz. Have a good evening and let me know if I can answer any other questions, or if you don't understand what the docs are telling you and I'll be happy to help

Customer: I think that is it, as long as it's not serious.
Customer: cause then I would take her to the emergency. But u think it could wait tol we hear from the doc?
Dr. Rick :

No need to go to the ER. I think you are safe until you can talk to the doc Mondayish

Customer: Thank you! I appreciate it!
Dr. Rick :

If my computer is on schedule it is gonna crash again soon....

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure .

Dr. Rick :

There. We did it!

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm finally back on my desktop system and can continue to help you if needed....just let me know.

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest