Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

my 4month old has a lot of eye mucus started in left eye 1rst

Customer Question

my 4month old has a lot of eye mucus started in left eye 1rst now in both.dosnt seem2be bothering her.infection?should she c a doctor?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

It is possible that he has a viral conjunctivitis (pink eye) or perhaps an allergic reaction.

Dr. Rick :

I would use cool compresses and natural tears to soothe his eyes. If things seem to be getting worse I think that having him examined by his pediatrician. If the pedes doc feels it is necessary she can refer him to an ophthalmologist.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
do i need meds if pink eye or any other infection unlikly pink eye.no red at all
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
If it is pink eye (the eye doesn't have to be pink for it to be pink eye) no antibiotics are necessary as it is caused by a virus. If it is bacterial conjunctivitis then antibiotic drops would be indicated which could be prescribed by an ophthalmologist or your boys pediatrician.