Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)
9208484

My eyes has been feeling sleepy for about a week, I feel like

My eyes has been feeling sleepy for about a week, I feel like I am very tired and can barely keep my eyes open. I don't know what you call it but the stuff you get in the corner of your eyes, my parents called it sand from the Sandman, well I get a lot of it but in both corners and along the bottom of the eyes. I have been using eye drops which give relief but only for a couple minutes. What else can I do besides putting eye drops in them. I am disabled and my insurance does not cover eye doctors and I can't afford to go to the doctors. Please help.

Dr. PG :

hi

Dr. PG :

welcome to just answer

Dr. PG :

the symptoms that you are describing might be due to a mild allergy or some dryness in your eyes

Dr. PG :

for allergy you can use anti-histaminic eye drops like naphcon-A/zaditen which are available over the counter

Dr. PG :

also, since you are 60 years old, there might be some component of dryness in your eyes

Dr. PG :

That can be relieved by usin lubricating eye drops like refresh tears/optive/genteal etc

Dr. PG :

also applying cold compresses with ice on the eyes would help in relieving your symptoms

Dr. PG :

Regards

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you.
glad to be of help.
Regards