Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)
9208484

i have a medium size cataract in my right eye. I am coming

Customer Question

i have a medium size cataract in my right eye. I am coming to Chaing mai in early november. I am 70 Can you remove it and how much will it cost me. Thank you for your time.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 3 years ago.

Dr. PG :

hi

Dr. PG :

welcome to just answer

Dr. PG :

the package rate for cataract surgery depends on the kind of intraocular lens implanted

Dr. PG :

the surgery is done by Phacoemulsification which is a stitchless surgery

Dr. PG :

it is usually done under topical anesthesia (no need for injection) and is a 10-15 minute surgery

Dr. PG :

if you get a monofocal intraocular lens implanted then the charges are usually around 2000 USD

Dr. PG :

if you get a multifocal intraocular lens implanted then the charges are around 3000 USD

Dr. PG :

hope this information is helpful

Dr. PG :

do you need any more information?

Customer :

can you tell me again the price is it 300dollars and can you see me and do the surgery inearly november. How long will it be for me to recover

Customer :

where can i see you and on which day and time

Dr. PG :

the cost is between 2000 to 3000 USD

Dr. PG :

the surgery can be done any time

Dr. PG :

for an appointment you need to to log onto the website of the hospital in which you want the surgery to be done

Dr. PG :

the recovery is very fast and you can travel back after a week or so after surgery

Dr. PG :

Regards

Expert:  Dr. PG replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 3 years ago.
Do let me know if you need any more information. I will be glad to be of assistance. Do press the green button to accept the answer so that the transaction is complete.
Regards
Dr. PG