Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

1 sugars..right eye is red and his eye is blurry and cannot see

Customer Question

My sixteen year old, diabetic type 1 sugars are good 5.5. right eye is red and his eye is blurry and cannot see out of it. Says nothing went in his eye. small little red lines and only at the bottom. Could this be pink eye
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 5 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Can you chat?
JACUSTOMER-q5ae131x- :

yes

Doctor DanB : Can you distinguish between not being able to see anything out of the eye and possibly mild blurry vision?
JACUSTOMER-q5ae131x- :

he says everythibg

JACUSTOMER-q5ae131x- :

is blurry and can't see well been an hour and not better

JACUSTOMER-q5ae131x- :

are you still there?

Doctor DanB : Yes um still here.
JACUSTOMER-q5ae131x- :

are you coming back

Doctor DanB :

I'm sorry I'm having technical difficulties with this chat window.

Doctor DanB :

Does blurry mean he can't see the hand in front of his face, or just can't read street signs as well?

JACUSTOMER-q5ae131x- :

cant see in front of his hand

Doctor DanB :

This sounds like it's more serious than a pink eye, then.

Doctor DanB :

I suspect that he may have a hemorrhage in his eye.

JACUSTOMER-q5ae131x- :

I'm taking him to emerg. how does henmorrhage start

JACUSTOMER-q5ae131x- :

and what do they day to fix it.

Doctor DanB :

It is fairly common in diabetics. IF there is a hemorrhage in the eye, he would need to be still with his activity, sleep with the head of his bed elevated, but he may need medicine if the pressure in the eye is elevated.

JACUSTOMER-q5ae131x- :

ok thank you for helping me

Doctor DanB :

You're welcome.

I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.

If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however—we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.

Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for trusting me to help you with your concerns!

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.