Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I have a big floater that appears to be stuck to the hyaloid

I have a big floater that appears to be stuck to the hyaloid canal, and not moving, in the middle of view. Appears to be closer to the lens. Can it be removed, desolved, or do I wait to clear.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. How long has it been in this position?

2 months, perhaps 3 months.

Doctor DanB : The botXXXXX XXXXXne is that any floaters can be removed with surgery. However, surgery to remove it is major surgery and involves some level of risk. Therefore most patients are willing to wait for a few months to determine whether or not their floater is getting better, and whether or not the benefits of removing the floater with surgery would outweigh the risks. 

Seems like most patients prefer to wait and see what happens. What is the success rate for floaters stuck to the hyaloid, actualy moving away?

Doctor DanB : Most patients do very well and have resolution of their symptoms. I'd say that if it is affecting your life on a daily basis, then it is reasonable to consider surgery.
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this?

Doctor DanB : I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied. Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry! My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.