Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

i have around +6.25 and -4.75 astigmatism. I am hard to fit

i have around +6.25 and -4.75 astigmatism. I am hard to fit with contact lenses. Would RGP's work for my prescription or will it still be hard to fit me?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 5 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Can you chat now?
Doctor DanB : You actually should be a good candidate for RGP lenses, at least based on your prescription.
Doctor DanB : Do you have any questions about this?
Doctor DanB : Does this information help address your concerns? Does this make sense? Do you have any other concerns that I haven't addressed? I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied. Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry! My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yeah after researching about lasik, i think i am going to pass on the laser. I dont want to risk my eyes with the laser. i think i will try to find some doctor that specializes in hard to fit and give contacts one more try. Do you think I can achieve the same visual crisp with Synergeyes as straight rgp's or do you think rgps would be the best? When i was 17, i was fitted for rgps and the doctor said my prescription made the rgp heavy and they actually were not fully centered on the eye. i saw that they fell down and the bottom of the rgp was visible on the white part. Today i am thinking that the doctor could of attempted to fix that problem. with it falling down, i actually saw close to 20/30? what do you think?
I actually do think you'd do better with the RGPs; I'd recommend trying them again.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks, XXXXX XXXXX think that the falling down back when i was 17, you know me being able to see the blue part of the contact a little on the white part and the contact not centered, do you think that was a fitting issue or my prescription issue? what do you think?
I think that just happens sometimes with RGPs and when it is a significant issue it usually is from a fitting issue.