Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

I have a pair of glasses with Transition lenses. I like having

Customer Question

I have a pair of glasses with Transition lenses. I like having the transition lenses, however I do not wear the glasses very often because I have contacts that I like to wear. Lately I have noticed that my glasses are not transitioning correctly. I have taken to the optical shop, they looked at them and suggested I put them in the freezer, which I have been doing daily. Are there other things I can do to get them to transition properly. I can wear them more often and continue to freeze them. I will also return to the optical shop probably tomorrow. They did say that if I still continue to have problems to bring them back. The lenses are plastic. Thank you for the information.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.