Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

my eyes are watey for the past two months it started with a

my eyes are watey for the past two months it started with a trip to the doctor for a routine eye test he said they were red so he put me on maxitrol ointment and lacrilube ointment straight away they started to water I have been back to the doctor three times and he gave me opatanol it did nothing he also gave me maxitrol drops but nothing has changed my eyes are still watering badly
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 2 years ago.

Dr. James :

Hello.

Customer:

I have received no answer as yet

Dr. James :

Hello. Are you available to chat?

Dr. James :

Hello?

Customer:

yes I am availe to chat

Dr. James :

Hello.

Dr. James :

Do you tear in one eye or both eyes?
All the time? Does your nose run as well?

Customer:

hello

Customer:

tear in both eyes nose does not run

Dr. James :

Has your doctor tested your tear duct to see if fluid can be irrigated into your nose?

Customer:

no

Dr. James :

You can think of tearing in two ways. One is that you make too many tears, the other is that it is not draining away.

Dr. James :

Your doctor is currently treating you for the first cause -- making too much tears due to presumed eye allergies.

Dr. James :

It may be a good idea to test to see if your tear ducts are open as well.

Dr. James :

It is a little unusual to have it blocked on both sides, but possible.

Dr. James :

This is an in office procedure where fluid is injected into your tear ducts and it should flow easily into your nose.

Dr. James :

If blocked, then surgery an option to open the obstruction.

Customer:

is there any medication i can use in the meantime

Dr. James :

Not for a blocked tear duct.

Dr. James :

For allergies and dry eyes, you are one the right stuff.

Customer:

can I use an anthihistamine or is it a waste of time

Dr. James :

You can.

Dr. James :

The patanol is an antihistamine eye drop however.

Customer:

thank you for your help Dr James

Dr. James :

You're welcome.

Please remember to press the accept button so I can receive credit for assisting you today.

Experience: Eye Physician and Surgeon