Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

Hi i have blepharitis ive tried a eye bag and also useingg

Customer Question

Hi i have blepharitis ive tried a eye bag and also useingg water with baby shampoo to clean my eyes but still i cant get it better is there anyway of clearing this up ive also had eye oinments of my doctor
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

Blepharitis could be due to squamous blepharitis or even due to meibomitis( inflammation of the tiny sebaceous glands in the lids). Since you not had much relief inspite of the conventional treatment with warm compresses, lid scrub with baby shampoo or antibiotic eye ointment, I suggest that you try a short course of oral antibiotics such as tab.Doxycycline 100 mg , 1 tablet twice a day for 2 weeks(prescription medicine ). This is said to be very beneficial in case of severe blepharitis, not responding to routine treatment.Also other co-existing conditions such as dandruff of the scalp or acne, if present, should be looked for and is present then treated accordingly.

Thank you and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and/or positive feedback are welcome.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist