Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)

Hello, I have been diagnosed with CSR in the right eye in January

Hello, I have been diagnosed with CSR in the right eye in January (relapsed after a year or so). However I have several other symptoms that worry me. I have seen a dramatic increase in floaters in the past months. They are more dense and greater in number. Furthermore, my left eye has two more permanent grey spots (like in CSR) but its in the peripheral portion of my vision. The one is quite big and noticeable, the second one is close to the first but maybe 1/4th in size. In April I started seeing visual snow. In the morning it'll be pulsating/shimmering a lot more than later in the day. Needless to say that with all these symptoms my night vision has also suffered a lot. Tests: OCT 3 times (showed only the large CSR leakage in my right eye, not the ones in my left), Fluorescent angiography (same results). Brain, throat, chest MRIs (all clear), blood tests (clear). Any thoughts or suggestions ?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 3 years ago.

Dr. PG :

hi

Dr. PG :

since when have you started having CSR in both the eyes?

Dr. PG :

- have you been diagnosed with multiple CSR in left eye?

Dr. PG :

- what treatment has been advised to you for the large CSR?

Customer:

No, they were able to see just the one in my right

Customer:

Since my visual acuity has been improving they suggested I waited....

Customer:

(one suggested Visudyne treatement)

Dr. PG :

ok

Dr. PG :

are you on any other medicines like steroids for any allergies or any other problems?

Dr. PG :

any treatment for diabetes?

Dr. PG :

any history of gastritis?

Customer:

No other medical conditions are present at the moment so no treatment

Dr. PG :

ok

Dr. PG :

given your symptoms, it seems that you have a large CSR in your right eye and maybe multiple CSR in your left eye

Dr. PG :

usually CSR does not have a known cause

Dr. PG :

but in a case like yours, extra effort is done to try to determine the cause

Customer:

I went the extra mile and had multiple MRIs, all clear....

Dr. PG :

the possible causes that are known are a type A personality (a tressful person), high levels of steroids in the body (if patient is on treatment taking stroids for any other disease), gastritis caused by H. pylori etc

Dr. PG :

stress is the commonest cause of CSR

Dr. PG :

if your CSR in left eye has resolved with time and your vision is improving in the right eye, there is a good chance that the CSR will resolve on its own

Customer:

As far as I know the resolving period is 2-6 months....would you suggest having me tested for HLA - A29?

Dr. PG :

but if the CSR becomes resistent or does not improve further then treatment with laser therapy can be tried

Dr. PG :

but the decision for that will depend on your follow up with your treating doctor

Customer:

How about the HLA-a29 testing....?

Dr. PG :

HLA-a29 is done in case of posterior uveitis

Dr. PG :

if you have been examined by 3 doctors then uveitis must have been ruled out

Dr. PG :

hope this information is helpful

Dr. PG :

Please remember to accept the answer by pressing the GREEN accept button, do get back for any clarifications

Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Experience: MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.