Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

I rubbed my eye sometime ago a little too hard and felt something

I rubbed my eye sometime ago a little too hard and felt something funnier than normal..afterwards every so often when I touched my forehead on the eye side I would feel a quick nerve shock that would last a fine and no other symptoms .. but every so often when I rub that spot I feel a nerve shock then nothing for weeks
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

You may have scratched your cornea and are now suffering from what is called recurrent corneal erosion syndrome. Although your symptoms are unusual for this condition.

Dr. Rick :

I suggest you use some lacrilube ointment, or similar ointment, at bedtime as well as natural tears 4x/day in the affected eye for a few weeks and see if this helps

Dr. Rick :

If things don't clear up with this at home therapy you should consult an ophthalmologist to see if other causes of your symptoms can be found.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hey Dr. If we ruled out injury to the eye what else could be causing periodical nerve shocks to one side of forehead when touched? Very electrical responses. I show no signs of headaches, eyeaches, earaches or sensitivity unless pressed on in same location..almost feeling like a responding nerve problem, very spidery feeling quick with no after effect
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
If it is not an anterior segment issue it could be from irritation to the nerve itself. This is common after shingles, trauma, things pressing on the nerve (tumors etc) but to tell you the truth? In the vast majority of cases like yours no source of the irritation is ever found. :(