Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I normally wear glasses. But to play pool/billiards the glasses

I normally wear glasses. But to play pool/billiards the glasses do not work since I must lean over the pool/billiards table then with chin up, sight down the table. My Optometrist has give me contact lenses. The contact lenses are for general "distance" viewing. They work fairly well, but do not really define the only focal length that I use in pool/billiards, that is 3 feet to 15 feet.

Can I get contact lenses specifically for that 3 feet to 15 feet distance ?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

That is a long distance for the contact lenses to give you clear vision in, but it may be possible by setting each eye for a slightly different distance.

Dr. Rick :

Two things you would give up with this arrangement: Some of your depth perception and the ability to safely walk to the bar and pick up your beer :o)

Dr. Rick :

One thought.....you might try talking to other billiards players your age, maybe even a pro if you can find one (perhaps online?), and ask them how they have addressed this issue. I'm sure you can't be the first 60 year old pool shark trolling the waters taking easy money from the marks...... lol!

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

I guess you have stepped away from your computer.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.