Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Worried of Hazlemere!! Went to optician who after a thorough

Worried of Hazlemere!!
Went to optician who after a thorough test confirmed my cataracts were ready for a removal operation.Duly received request to go to Wycombe hospital to see consultant.
Had another thorough cateract inspection from assistant Doctor who whilst giving the impression it would happen, passed me onto the surgeon at the same time telling me that I could not drive!! The surgeon gave me the now third examination and said he was not happy about doing an operation and that I have to go back for a thorough eye test at the Hospital.
Should I be worried? and , why can't I drive?
regards
Mike Darnell

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

I guess your vision tested below the legal limit for driving in your country.

Dr. Rick :

One thing I don't understand is why the surgeon was so upset at the thought of doing cataract surgery. Surgeons, by their very nature, like to do surgery :o)

Dr. Rick :

I don't think you need to be worried about all of this.....just go back to the hospital, have whatever tests the surgeon wants you to have and get ready to have your cataracts removed......and enjoy your new, clear vision.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I see you have entered the chat area.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are typing and that could mean a couple of things: 1. you are actually typing or, 2, the chat system has frozen up. I'll give it a few more minutes and if I've not seen anything from you I'll switch over to the Q&A system. That system works a lot like 'text messaging' but, unlike the chat system, it almost never freezes up. We can continue to work on your question there. :o)

I'm still here and available to work on your question. If, however, your issues have been addressed to your satisfaction.......

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.