Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

onset is quick and the numbers have increased 600%

Customer Question

There is a blindness in occuring children. the onset is quick and the numbers have increased 600% in the last few years. It is all over the US. Effects children up to early teens. Total blindness is complete in just a few months. What is is. Can it be prevented
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

I've never heard of it. Do you have a source of this data?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. We can use the Q&A system to 'text message' each other. An email will be sent to each of us every time something is posted to this thread.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
I am still available to help you with your question. I look forward to your response to my inquiry above.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
I think you have nothing to fear about when it comes to your grandchildren. If there had been an epidemic like you are talking about all ophthalmologists would have heard of it by now......I'm an ophthalmologist and I've never heard a word about this.

Does that make sense to you?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if you want to discuss this further.....just because you've already paid doesn't mean you can't ask more questions of me :o)
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry you felt the need to give negative feedback. However, one mothers experience a nationwide epidemic does not make. Your grandkids are safe.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No answer is not what I was looking for. I will contuine looking for answers. Thnak you for your time anyway.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
ok