Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

double vision..one eye shut..cataract surgery a couple of years..eye

My mother is 80 and cannot read because of double vision. She uses a magnifying glass to read and has to close one eye shut to do so. She has had cataract surgery a couple of years ago and has had 5 different eye glass persriptions to correct this with no luck. She has also seen a retinol specialist who didn't help. What can we do? Thanks!

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

The person best trained to deal with double vision, that may be causes by eye crossing etc, is a pediatric ophthalmologist. Not only do they deal with kids but the deal with double vision problems too.

Dr. Rick :

A simple solution to this complex problem is to wear a patch over one eye or put scotch tape over the lens of her glasses on one side. This treats the symptoms but, of course, doesn't address the underlying problem.

Customer:

ok, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX that a try.