Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

i currently have an opthalmologist that ive gone to for many

Customer Question

i currently have an opthalmologist that i've gone to for many years. i'm noticing changes in my vision i.e, i can't read the scroll at the bottom of the tv anymore with or without my glasses, and i'm constantly rotating my head to get a clearer focus. my dr. tells me there has been little change in my sight since my last exam. although i like hearing this, i feel something has changed. I would like to get another opinion, how do i find the best opth. i can? i value my vision and want to find an experienced,highly trained and qualified opth. i d on't want to take chances with my sight. many thanks for your help and advice my name is XXXXX XXXXX my email address XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

We are unable to use private email on this site. We can communicate on this page.

Dr. Rick :

I will be happy to give you some names of well trained, experienced ophthalmologists. What City and State do you live in and how far are you able to travel for an examination?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are typing and that could mean a couple of things: 1. you are actually typing or, 2, the chat system has frozen up. I'll give it a few more minutes and if I've not seen anything from you I'll switch over to the Q&A system. That system works a lot like 'text messaging' but, unlike the chat system, it almost never freezes up. We can continue to work on your question there. :o)

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
I am still here. If you can provide the data requested above I'll be happy to help you find an excellent ophthalmologist.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
Hi. You paid me too early :) not that I'm complaining of course, but now I REALLY am in your debt and owe you an excellent answer ;)

What city and state do you live in and how far can you travel? I really can't give you any useful recommendations without this information.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
If travel distance is not an issue, as I see you live in the USA, I would recommend Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia, PA on the East coast, Bascom Palmer in the South, University of California, San Francisco in the West, Mayo Clinic in the North, Casey Eye Institute In the NorthWest.

I'd be happy to pinpoint things better for you if you can provide me with the information requested.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for replying to me! I only want doctors in Cincinnati. Again my number is XXXXX my daughters email address is XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX . Thank you so much for your patience!

Gloria Adams

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
Phone numbers and email addresses are blocked by the system. All I receive is a bunch of X's

In Cincinnati one of the best places to get eye care is at the University:

http://www.med.uc.edu/departments/ophthalmology/PatientCare/Introduction.cfm

Dr. Robert H. Osher is a famous eye surgeon who lectures all over the world. Being examined by him, or since he is on the lecture circuit a lot, any of his partners, would give you excellent insight into any all issues you may have with your eyes.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you dr. rick, do you have any other practices you could refer me to as backup in cincinnati ? what questions should i ask if i'm trying to reasearch a dr. of opth. to learn of their qualifications? thank you for your help and patience.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
You could ask them how long they have been in practice and if they are Board Certified.

There are a number of Ophthalmologists at UC, I think that department is really the best place for eye care in your town. The next best way to find a good eye doc is to ask neighbors and friends as well as your primary care MD to see who they use or would recommend.

I don't personally know any other eye MDs in your town.

Take care and have a good day.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
the web site you refered me to cannot be found.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
When I highlight the link, copy and then right click and select "goto" it opens up in my system, using google chroms.

You could also copy then paste it into your browser

If that doesn't work, try this link:

http://www.med.uc.edu/departments/ophthalmology/

If all that fails, guess we have to go back to "old" technology:
(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Sorry about the problems you are having.....