Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

eye 2 days..completely blood shot and his vision has started to blur

Customer Question

My nephew got hit in the eye 2 days ago. It has progressively gotten worse. It is now completely blood shot and his vision has started to blur. His peripheral vision seems to be limited as well. He has a dark spot on the colored part of his eye. I am wondering if he should wait to see an eye dr or if he needs immediate attention.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
JACUSTOMER-07wfyld6- :

I thought I was going to get an answer....

Dr. Rick :

Oops....somehow I lost track of your question. Gotta love these computers, eh? Or maybe I'm starting to come down with oldsheimers disease :(

Dr. Rick :

You son has sustained a major injury to his eye. Unless he can be seen in the ER by an ophthalmologist on-call, being examined by a regular ER doc will not be of much use.

Dr. Rick :

I suggest you get him in to see an ophthalmologist first thing in the morning. If you tell the staff the nature or your son's injury and his symptoms I am sure that they will squeeze him into the schedule right away.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
If you have the time I'd like hear what the ophthalmologist found and how your nephew is doing. Thanks.