Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have worm parasites in my eyes, mostly flukes and hookworms.

Customer Question

I have worm parasites in my eyes, mostly flukes and hookworms. I have been to three eye doctors and they can't seem to find them. The parasites move, and I saw a couple eating part of my tear duct. I also have 2 holes in both my eyes in the irises. I have been tested several times using stool checks all negative. My sight is slightly blurry and my eyes sting and have a lot of pressure in them. I don't have Glocoma. I am just near sighted according to the eye doctors. Can you help? I know the difference between floaters and worms. I use a 15x mirror and can see the worms very well. I am not just saying this to get attention. I need help on how to remove them, worried about messing up my vision more unless these are attended to.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Customer:

Hello Dr. Rick My name is Mary

Dr. Rick :

Hi Mary

Customer:

I don"t what to do in my situation. I am really worried.

Customer:

I have done everything I can think of including consulting infectious disease doctors.

Customer:

What do you think?

Dr. Rick :

I can understand that. The first thought that comes to mind is to go on an extended course of medicines that kill all these types of parasites. What do you have to loose"

Customer:

I can't get an antibotic priscription. However I am on an herbal intestional worm kill. It has shown signs of helping me with my intestine, lungs, and liver. Do you think it might work in my eyes?

Dr. Rick :

yes, since it has a systemic effect, which may include your eyes. That sounds like a good plan.

Customer:

In the mean time do you think the worms will further damage my eyes?

Dr. Rick :

Since they have not, at this point, caused any retinal damage I think you will be OK. It would be good, however, if you could get some ivermictin....that is a great worm killer....kills 'em all with almost no side effects.

Customer:

Is it a prescription? If it is no doctor will perscribe it without a positive stool check.

Dr. Rick :

Yes it is, but I think it is also used in horses......

Customer:

Maybe a vet can perscribe it for me, I heard some people go to vets to get a worm perscrption.

Dr. Rick :

I'm not sure. You may want to talk to someone who has horses and ask them.

Customer:

I don't understand why this subject is so tabue in this country about 20% of Americans have worms.

Dr. Rick :

Good point.

Customer:

I'll do that. Thanks loads for your help! Mary

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.