Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

eye dr..bis for 3 yrs now my eyes tired been wearing these reg glasses

have a weird question my eye dr i went to said i didnt need bi focals anymore after my dr before gave them to me i wore the bis for 3 yrs now my eyes tired been wearing these reg glasses for 3 months this a problem
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

do you know what your current glasses and old glasses Rx is?

Customer:

i cant rember

Dr. Rick :

Ok.

Customer:

any thoughts

Dr. Rick :

It is possible that you are right on the edge of needing bifocals and are, currently, teetering back and forth in needing them. If you are now, however, having discomfort without them then perhaps you should return to bifocals. Before doing that I suggest a couple of special tests.

Customer:

what test

Dr. Rick :

I would suggest a "triple refraction". First, do a

Dr. Rick :

"wet refraction" to find your total need for distance glasses with your muscles unable to focus up close. Then return for a dry refraction (the normal kind) and attempt to 'push' as much of the wet refraction results as your eyes will tolerate. Then return for a final refraction, testing not only distance but upclose lens powers.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense?

Dr. Rick :

It is a lot of work but this can uncover problems in patients close to presbyopia (40ish) who may have hidden hyperopia that causes eye strain.

Customer:

yes it do thx

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.