Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I have been having an ache in the back of my eye as well as

I have been having an ache in the back of my eye as well as an occasional feeling that my eyeball is moving, almost like a blinking sensation (that's the best explanation I can give), along with itching and redness. I did get a prescription for eye drops which seemed to eliminate the itching problem but I am concerned that something more serious might be going on. I do have central vein occlusion, could it be related to that?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 5 years ago.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

You do seem to be having a couple of issues here in the eye. The redness and itching must have been from allergic conjunctivitis which got relieved with the prescribed eye drops.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

As for the pain in the back of the eye, a few more clarifications are needed. Apart from the pain in that eye , have you experienced any nausea or headache?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Is the vision reduced in the eye now?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

When you said central retinal vein occlusion(CRVO), do you have any idea about which type it was diagnosed as- ischemic or non-ischemic? Did you have any residual visual deficit following the CRVO? Was the intraocular pressure within normal limits after CRVO was diagnosed?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Can you see my responses? If yes, then please do send your replies as I shall be waiting for the same.

Customer:

I have had headaches yes but no nausea. I am not sure which type of CRVO was diagnosed. I have had a visual problem since the diagnosis in that there is a blockage in certain areas when I am looking at something. I believe the pressure has been normal when I have gone to the Dr.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Considering all the facts given above, it can be said that your present eye ache is unlikely to be arising from the CRVO ( it being a painless condition). It is more likely to be from ocular migraine ( even though you do not have any previous history of similar episodes).

Dr. A.S. Desai :

CRVO is known to cause delayed glaucoma( raised intraocular pressure) usually after 3 months, but again it is more of a painless condition( open angle glaucoma is seen here and is painless).

Dr. A.S. Desai :

With the present symptoms it does seem that there is nothing very serious happening in the eye which would need urgent care. You can take Tab. Acetaminophen (tylenol) 500 mg , twice a day to relieve the eye ache.

Customer:

okay, thank you.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Is there anything else that I can answer for you?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

If not, then thank you and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist