Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

I had lasik surgery approx 15 years ago, both eyes, at the

I had lasik surgery approx 15 years ago, both eyes, at the time I was given mono vision because I was in my mid 40's, everything has been fine, but now I am having trouble seeing anything at a distance, and see double out of my left eye a lot, hard time focusing. I am now 62, would enhancements at my age be possible?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

It seems you have gone offline at the moment. In the meanwhile I shall type my response and send it across so that you can view it once you are online.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

It is very unlikely that the reduced vision in your left eye ( or both eyes) is from a refractive error. I don't think the issue here is something that can be corrected by further lasik considering the fact that the vision in both eyes has been relatively fine for 15 years now. But there can be other causes for gradual progressive diminution of vision ( either one eye or both eyes) such as early cataract ( can cause double vision in one eye), chronic simple glaucoma, age related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy and so on.I believe that a thorough eye exam by an ophthalmologist will help to rule out all the possible causes and come to a conclusive diagnosis. Further treatment would be depend on the eye problem.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Please feel free to ask any other queries in the regard.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Thank you and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist

I'm available here for any further discussion.