Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

I have been told that there is a cyst in one of my eyes and

Customer Question

I have been told that there is a cyst in one of my eye's and laser treatment is the cure . Would you agree with this or is it best left alone ?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Can you tell me a little bit more about this cyst?

Dr. Rick :

Where is it located on/in your eye?

Dr. Rick :

How long has it been present?

Dr. Rick :

Has it changed since it was first noticed?

Dr. Rick :

Do you have any pain associated with it?

Dr. Rick :

Is your vision in anyway affected by the cyst or is it causing any damage to any structures of your eye (cornea,lens, retina etc)?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline.....

Dr. Rick :

Have you been evaluated by an ophthalmologist? A sub specialist (retina, cornea etc)? or just an optometrist?

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
I look forward to your response to my (many :) questions above and helping you with your issue. Talk to you soon.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
I see that you are online.....do you have time to go over your question now?
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dr Rick

The cyst was found in the eye (retina)

It was detected in March after my yearly check (diabetic)

A scan was done by an Opthalmic Surgeon but not clear as to the treatment

I have no answers to your other questions

Have been told that Retinopathy was mentioned

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have asked a question

Recieved more questions

Recieved e-mails but no answers

What do I do next

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
Hi. Those are very good questions :)

You paid me early, ;) but, never fear, I will be right back to answer your question and provide sage advice......but it is now lunch time and I've worked way too hard and way too long to get this fat to risk the possibility of loosing weight =)

There are many things in the retina that can be called a "cyst"

Do you remember anyone saying "retinoschesis"? Do you know where in your retina the cyst is located? Macula? Periphery?

I am a retina specialist and (at least I think I....) know all about retinal cysts and issues.....