Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Dear Sirs, Kindly note that a year ago i had an indection

Customer Question

Dear Sirs,

Kindly note that a year ago i had an indection in my eyes when i consulted my doctor , he told me that is due due to Andina virus and it will recover , i got the infection from a friend of mine at work , my friend had a full recovery but me still suffering , i saw many doctors in ammna-jordan , none of them were able to identify my case some says it is eye ulcer others say it is hepes virus . the symptoms are , eye redness, blur vision and terrible pain and heaches which comes ang go . if it is herpez what is the treatment and where do you recommend treatment or doctor who has the wide knowedge for such case
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

If you have a difficult to treat case of corneal herpes it would be best to be evaluated by a corneal specialist. Sometimes, even after the virus is no longer actively present in your eye the symptoms and problems can persist.

Dr. Rick :

This is usually caused by your bodies immune system "getting confused" and attacking your corneal/eye as if it was the virus. The treatments for these two variations on the condition are totally different so it is important to make a correct diagnosis of the causative issues at hand. A cornea specialist is the best trained person to do this.

Dr. Rick :

I do not know any eye doctors in Jordan but I am sure in a large city like Jordan there must be a number of them. Talk to your local eye doctors, check Google or just ask around. I'm sure you can find one to help you.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I would like to know what is the treatment , what are the medication used for corneal herpes , i am married does it affect my partnet or can be contageous . beside what is the long term effectsin the future if it not totally healed .

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
would like to know what is the treatment , what are the medication used for corneal herpes , i am married does it affect my partnet or can be contageous . beside what is the long term effectsin the future if it not totally healed