Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

While riding his motorcycle my husband had a bug fly over his

While riding his motorcycle my husband had a bug fly over his glasses and get into his eye. We immediately got over and flushed his eye out, but now he is saying that his eye burns, hurts and his vison in that eye is hazy. Does he need to go to the emergency room or can he wait for mon when a an office is open?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

He most likely has a corneal abrasion.

Dr. Rick :

This should heal without difficulty within 24 hours of the injury. I suggest you get some lacrilube (there are a lot of different brand names available) ointment, goop up his eye, place an ice pack on it and have him keep the eye closed.

Dr. Rick :

If you are concerned a visit to the local ER should work to rule out any other type of injury. However, since his glasses protected him from a direct, high speed impact, I believe he will be fine with the above therapy.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.