Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

blurred vision..new glasses make your eyes and head hurt

i just got a first time prescription , i had a stroke and have diabetes, i wa having some blurred vision. will new glasses make your eyes and head hurt. im trying to adjust,but seems like im more lightheaded and eyes hurt now, but can see ok
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question. New glasses certainly cause eyestrain and headache, even if the prescription is correct. If there has been a significant shift on the need for glasses, it can cause eye strain while the eyes are getting used to it. Also if there is astigmatism correction in the glasses, a large amount of it, a new strength of it, and/or a different axis of it can cause these symptoms.

Does this information help address your concerns? Does this make sense? Do you have any other concerns that I haven't addressed?

I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.

If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.

Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how long do you think this may last
If after a week of full time use you are still having this problem I would call your doctor to get them checked.