Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

Have had shingles for over 2 weeks, quite a bit of pain above

Have had shingles for over 2 weeks, quite a bit of pain above my left eye and forehead and my vision in the left eye has gotten somehow weak.
My left eye was weak before and I knew I had to get new glasses.
Just wondering what you suggest I should do and whom should I see.
Thank You. Ingrid Kuz
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 5 years ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. I think if your vision was weak in that eye before, then it suggests something unrelated to the shingles causing it. It is likely that a change in the glasses prescription is likely in order, or there may be something else causing it like a cataract.

To that end, I would recommend going to see your ophthalmologist to get a complete eye examination to find out what is going on, or at the very least to get a prescription for glasses.

Does this information help address your concerns? Does this make sense? Do you have any other concerns that I haven't addressed?

I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.

If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.

Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.