Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

I just recently got Lasik surgery (blade-free all -laser) last

I just recently got Lasik surgery (blade-free all -laser) last Monday ( May 23) and my left eye feels like it pulsates sometimes. It didn't start until last night and it was only a couple times, But now today, it has been multiple and more occuring. My left eye was the one that barely felt pressure or pain while the surgery was being done, unlike my right eye. I do have blood vessels broken in both (my right eye worse on that side-effect). When I have the pulsation it does not distort my vision or hurts. It is just a really weird feeling that has me freaked out and nervous a bit. I don't even know if it can be relatd to the surgery, but I tried calling my Lasik surgeon and then my eye doctor office, but they are both closed at this time. I looked in the mirror when it was happening and my pupil size very slightly changes as it happens.

Is this something that I should really worry about? I didn't see it as a side-effect of post lasik surgery on any site.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 3 years ago.

Dr. James :

Hello.

Dr. James :

How is your vision?

Dr. James :

Do you have any nausea>

Dr. James :

?

Customer:

Hi, how are you? Thank you for responding.

Customer:

My vision is perfectly fine, and I do not have nausea

Dr. James :

You may have dryness after the Lasik surgery.

Dr. James :

Sometimes this can cause a heaviness or pulsating feeling.

Dr. James :

You should continue to use the artificial tears your doctors recommended for you.

Customer:

yes I do, but it is worse in my right eye it seems because my blood vessel popped worse in that one

Dr. James :

The subconjunctival hemorrhage is not likely related to the feeling you are having.

Customer:

ok if it's just that, I will go ahead and still use those. I have restasis which I use morning and night and then I use systane whenever they feel dry. It doesn't really feel dry so I haven't put any drops in

Dr. James :

Your eyes may not "feel" dry, but it is important to use the drops regularly for the first few months after surgery.

Customer:

ok, thank you so much. being nervous and getting a little freaked out doesn't help the pulsation feeling at all lol. I just didn't know because they would slightly dilate...I think. It was hard to decipher

Customer:

then I will go ahead and do my work out and whatnot. Thank you very much. I do appreciate the answer and response

Dr. James :

No problem.

Dr. James :

Please remember to press the accept button so I can receive credit for assisting you today.

Dr. James :

.

Dr. James :

Experience: Eye Physician and Surgeon