Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

I recently developed migraines and had an MRI done that revealed

I recently developed migraines and had an MRI done that revealed 3 separate t2 lesions in the brain stem. I had a lumbar puncture done on Friday and blood work done to screen for MS and whatever else the neurologist is checking for.
Along with the headaches my right eye has developed pain and pressure that comes and goes, and when I read it feels like someone is shaking the book on me.I have developed auras and floaters at times, the auras are mostly an indicator the migraines are coming. Could the eye shaking and pain be ocular nerve damage symptoms?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is possible that you are experiencing the ocular symptoms of migraine headaches associated with intermittent increase eye fluid pressure. I would recommend that you follow-up with a neuro-ophthalmologist for a closer evaluation if the results of the tests by the neurologist is not conclusive. Based of the 3 separate brain stem lesions, intermittent headaches with auras, eye pain and/or decrease vision, and shaking eye sensation, the conditions to be considered include MS, Ocular migraine, Glaucoma, Nystagmus, and metastatic brain lesions causing headaches and visual symptoms. However, the 3 separate lesions with eye symptoms makes MS more likely. The shaking sensation is likely due to nerve damage or eye muscle spasm caused by abnormal nerve stimulation or nystagmus. I suggest that you include a neuro-ophthalmologist in your evalution. You would need a detailed eye examination including check of any significant eye refractive error, eye pressure check, silt-lamp biomicroscopy, visual field test, and dilated eye examination.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.

Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience: Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

The lower back pain should resolve within several days of the procedure, unless there is persisting nerve inflammation, or leakage of the spinal fluid. Considering that there were multiple attempts at the procedure, it is likely that you are still experiencing the inflammation/soreness from the trauma of the procedure. I suggest that you apply warm compresses/ice packs twice daily, and use over the counter anti-inflammatory such as Aleve 1-2 pills twice daily with food. If these fail to help, I suggest that you follow-up with your doctor (neurologist) for closer evaluation.

For the shaking eye sensation and the other eye problems; It is possible that you are experiencing the ocular symptoms of migraine headaches associated with intermittent nystagmus and ncrease eye fluid pressure. I would recommend that you follow-up with a neuro-ophthalmologist for a closer evaluation if the results of the tests by the neurologist is not conclusive. Based of the 3 separate brain stem lesions, intermittent headaches with auras, eye pain and/or decrease vision, and shaking eye sensation, the conditions to be considered include MS, Ocular migraine, Glaucoma, Nystagmus, and metastatic brain lesions causing headaches and visual symptoms. However, the 3 separate lesions with eye symptoms makes MS more likely. The shaking sensation is likely due to nerve damage or eye muscle spasm caused by abnormal nerve stimulation or nystagmus. I suggest that you include a neuro-ophthalmologist in your evalution. You would need a detailed eye examination including check of any significant eye refractive error, eye pressure check, silt-lamp biomicroscopy, visual field test, and dilated eye examination.