Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

This morning I went to put my contact in and when I put the

This morning I went to put my contact in and when I put the contact in, the lense went up into my eye. I managed to get the contact out. The right eye lid feels heavy. I did apply cold compresses like you said but it doesn't seem to be helping. I still have a slight headache in lace of my eye lid.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

You may have given yourself a small corneal abrasion when you tried to take the stuck contact lens out.

Dr. Rick :

This really should heal within 24 hours with no problem. To make it feel better get some lacrilube ointment (or something like it), hold down your lower lid and put a large goopy amount in your eye. Then put a cold compress on the eye and keep it closed/go to bed.

Dr. Rick :

In the morning everything should be fine.

Dr. Rick :

It you are still having problem in the morning I suggest you see an ophthalmologist.

Customer:

would that explain the heaviness above my eye and the same headache I had for the past three days?

Dr. Rick :

No. I wouldn't expect this condition to last 3 days....has it been that long since you had go fishing for the lost lens?

Customer:

no, I did get the lens out but the heaviness has been for three days

Customer:

I have't changed my contacts in a month

Dr. Rick :

That is a long time to keep in one set of lenses.......

Dr. Rick :

So. Let me make sure I got this right. Three days ago you had to dig out a wayward contact lens and since then your eyelid has felt heavy

Dr. Rick :

Is that right?

Customer:

Three days ago, I had heaviness and a headache but when I got up this morning to put the contact in, the contact lens went up.

Dr. Rick :

ok. Now I understand.

Dr. Rick :

Migraines can cause a heavyness in the eyelid, so can a number of medical conditions like MS.

Dr. Rick :

It sounds like you should have a complete exam by an ophthalmologist this week to see if she can get to the bottom of your problem.

Dr. Rick :

Does that make sense?

Dr. Rick :

I doubt this is related to the lost contact lens....

Customer:

yes

Customer:

Wasn't sure about the lens but just wanted to make sure

Dr. Rick :

Yup. No need to worry about the lens or a scratch on the cornea like I first mentioned. And, as you already found out, cold compresses aren't gonna help. But a complete eye exam should be able to find the root cause of your troubles.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Customer:

ok. Thank you for your help

Dr. Rick :

I don't think it is an emergeny, but I'd try to get in this week if possible.

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure. Have a good day

Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.