Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

hello my wife has had a feel of pressure behind her eye for

hello my wife has had a feel of pressure behind her eye for about a week and the vision in the right eye is now blurred she feels a numbness starting to surround the area of her face around the eye
she is 45 we are waiting on a specialist appointment
is she best to rest and what is best for her as she waits?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Customer:

hello my wife has had a feel of pressure behind her eye for about a week and the vision in the right eye is now blurred she feels a numbness starting to surround the area of her face around the eye she is 45 we are waiting on a specialist appointment is she best to rest and what is best for her as she waits?

Dr. Rick :

I am always concerned when there is a recent decrease in vision. How long does your wife have to wait to see an ophthalmologist?

Customer:

thanks yes we hoped to get in today but they said maybe more likely tomorrow

Customer:

there is not much pain though just pressure

Dr. Rick :

I am not sure how the numbness fits in with your wife's sense of retrobulbar pressure and decreased vision but since she will have a complete eye exam tomorrow I suggest she just take it easy for the rest of the day (it is 9:30 PM on Sunday here in Wisconsin...not sure what time/day it is on your side of the planet :) and make sure she is seen by the ophthalmologist tomorrow for sure.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

Thanks Dr Rick this is assuring - yes its 2 30pm Monday and sitting at my desk sressing about my wife of 25 years and want to do anything to help her quickly.

Dr. Rick :

I do not believe that there is anything special she can do on her own until the appointment that will affect her condition one way or another.

Dr. Rick :

Ya, I can understand.......My oldest daughter is 29 and I plan to die first as I'd not be able to go on without their mother....

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Customer:

yes i think i can only keep her restful and see what they say tommorrow from the test i send what you say though that we should be urgent

Dr. Rick :

I am glad that her GP got her in right away...that is the correct thing to do.

Dr. Rick :

Do not let them put you off to the next day.....She has to be seen tomorrow

Customer:

thanks very much im impressed by this service - have a great night and God bless USA we love you there (my Gran was ex New York) cheers XXXXX XXXXX of thanks

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest