Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have developed unilateral ptosis associated w/ wearing hard

I have developed unilateral ptosis associated w/ wearing hard contact lenses x 30 yrs. Had it corrected last Summer by my plastic surgeon but it fell by the Fall. So planning to consult w/ Dr. Paul Garland in Panama City, Fl or I could wait & see Dr. Amiya Prasad in Manhattan in the Summer - both are Oculoplastic surgeons. Where should I go? What is known about these Dr's by colleagues? Who will give the best results, less risk?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

There is no rush to having the repeat surgery done. Both of the doctors you have mentioned are excellent surgeons and will, most likely, have the same risks and complication rates. So I guess the best way to decide which surgeon to use is by your personal preference and by where you would like to recuperate. I, personally, think laying on the beach sipping tata's in Florida would be better then fighting traffic in Manhattan :)

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Are there any other concerns or issues

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.