Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

my vision seemed a bit blurred out of right left eye..eye exam

for last few days i thought my vision seemed a bit blurred out of right eye but not until I closed my left eye did I notice how bad it looks like a heavy haze when I look thru it..I just had an eye exam last monthand was told I was developing cataracts but its on over to the side and shouldnt be bothering me...all else was normal and just got new glasses,,should I be concerned..had a physical and all is fine. No medical probs

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

That sounds like it could be due to your cataract, however, It would be very unusual for things to change so quickly from just a cataract.

Dr. Rick :

It is also possible that you are having problems with your retina, in the central area called the macula. I know you just went to the eye doctor last month, but I think it would be best to see the ophthalmologist again in the very near future just to make find out what is causing your new vision loss.

Dr. Rick :

The doctor will not only be able to compare your current vision to what it was on the last visit, but will also be able to dilate your eyes and check out your retina.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.