Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have floaters in my eye can that be caused by a brain pr

Customer Question

I have floaters in my eye can that be caused by a brain problem.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

HiCustomer

Dr. Rick :

Good news! Floaters are not a sign of a brain problem. They are not even a sign of a brain tumor.

Dr. Rick :

My advise is NOT to open a bunch of credit cards, max them out, and plan to be dead from your floaters before the bills come due. It will not work :o)

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Are dust particles that you see in your eyes only floaters. Could there be any other cause.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
The most common cause of dust particles you see in your vision is floaters. There is another condition, called entoptic phenomonen where you can, under certain conditions, see your blood vessels and, sometimes even your white blood cells moving around in the vessels. Also, rarely, tear film problems can cause minor spots to come and go...but this usually doesn't last very long.

sometimes drugs/medicines can cause visual hallucinations that some folks report as floaters.......once again this would be evident from the history.

Does this help?

It is a pleasure to answer your questions... :o)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am only 22 I thought you get floaters when you are older. They do not move slow, they move fast and mostly see them out of the corner of my eye.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
No. It is possible to get floaters at your age. True, they usually move slow, but what is slow to one person may be fast to another.

I don't think you have anything to worry about in this regard.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I feel outcasted because noone else does at my age.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry you feel that way, but there is no need to. I, personally, got a PVD and floaters in one of my eyes in my late 20's and I know of patients who have had them since they were in their early teens....