Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I have blurred vision in my left eye this morning even through

I have blurred vision in my left eye this morning even through I got a good report this week from my doctor. I woke up a few hours ago and it;s still there.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question. How blurred is the vision compared to the other eye? Has there been any significant eye pain, headache, flashing lights or floating objects in the vision? How quickly did the vision change?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I awoke with my left eye blurred....No floaters, pain, or flashing lights, etc. I did have a very small headache yesterday, just for a little while but it went away without any medication. Without my glasses my vision seems about the same in both eyes but with my glasses I can see the difference. I'm hoping all will be well in the morning for I've never experienced this before! I wasn't able to answer your questions until now but maybe tomorrow you could have something to tell me. Thank you.
A painless, sudden onset of significantly worse vision brings to mind a couple of possibilities including a stroke of the optic nerve or of the retina. In the case of an optic nerve stroke sometimes it can seem as though one half of the vision (either top or bottom) can be affected to make it seem like there is a curtain over the vision. If you have a history of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes or heart disease, you are more at risk for these problems. Also, if you have macular degeneration or early warning signs of macular degeneration, then it is possible this could be related to that. I would recommend going back to see your ophthalmologist if this is a significant loss of vision that is not improving.

Does this information help address your concerns? Does this make sense? Do you have any other concerns that I haven't addressed?

I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.

If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.

Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.
Experience: Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology