Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Hello Dr Rick I just had the intra ocular lense inserted in

Hello Dr Rick
I just had the intra ocular lense inserted in my eye yesterday.I had the patch removed this morning by the opthalmolgist this morning.he said everything was fine.i started using the drops today again as well as the fucithalmic ointment.i have a bit of pain as well.
I noticed this evening that i has a round oject or shadow moving in my eye like the size of a contact lense.i notified the doctor who advise that it was a bubble because he left some air during the procedure.
could you kindly advise me what i should be aware of that could bring any harm after the procedure.my eye is also a little red.i noticed that i could see through this object as well when floating in the eye.my doctor has advised that i see him on monday.
I am seeing quite clearly with the eye though i cannot read a magazine with the eye but i can see quite bold writing at the moment.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

a small amount of pain is nothing to be worried about. The bubble he left in your eye should reabsorb fairly quickly and not cause any problems at all.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. Welcome to the chat room. Glad to hear that the surgery went well.

Dr. Rick :

There is really nothing you need to worry about outside of the things your surgeon told you to do and not to do in his post-op handout. I would refrain from rubbing the eye a lot.

Dr. Rick :

I am also pleased that you can see bold print this soon after surgery, even with a bubble in your eye.....that is very good.

Dr. Rick :

Are you there? My system shows that you are in the chat room, but I can not see anything you might be typing....

Dr. Rick :

I think that the chat system has messed up. We should switch to Q&A where we can 'text message' each other.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
Sorry about the problems with the chat system. I am still here and we can text message back and forth. I think we have used this system together before.....
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Doctor

would the vision improve alot more after the op

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Dr Rick

Did you recieve my latest questions

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
Yes, your vision has just started to improve......as things heal, the inflammation goes away, any swelling of your corneal transplant resolves your vision will get better. I am sure, however, that you will require some sort of glasses to obtain the best possible vision.

Congrats! You must be very excited after all you have gone through to get to this point...

Keep me updated. I look forward to hearing what your final vision is :)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
H
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Dr Rick

I had a follow up with my opthalmologist on thursday & he said i seem to be making progress.

He advised that i withdraw using the voltaren drops completely.He did say that i carry on with the voltaren drops twice a day & fucithalmic oinment at night time.

I still do have the floater in my eye which he said would still appear slightly as he removed part of the gel.My corneal graph is also ten months old.

Would my vision improve as the cornea settles with more time.

I noticed that that if i close my left eye,i cannot see to close to the objects on my left that are near me or close to the side of my left eye.

My opthalmologist did not check my retina on this visit but saw it a week ago & said that the retina was intact.

would my lense strengthen further with time as well.

The opthalmologist advise that i see him in 2 weeks time.

what are the complications or dangers that the opthalmologist wouls still be concern about if he would have seen me 4 times after the procedure in 1 month.

If i had to take a second opinion about my condition & surgeries performed thus far would a retinal or corneal specialist be the best bet.

i have purchased a pair of specs as well to read close up with my right eye.I also noticed that my focus weakens at times.is this normal.

I currently have steep cornea on my left eye,but i have been using a special soft lense to help me with comfort & vision.Would there be any dangers to my cornea if i defer the graph for long.my vision is a -24 but these lense help me drivs as well function at work

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
Yes. You are still very close to your surgery and your vision would be expected to continue to improve as everything, not just your cornea, continues to improve.

The difference in your vision at various distances is due to the different refractive error you now have since your surgery. Nothing to worry about.

You have a complicated ocular history and I do not think it is unusual for your surgeon to check you over 4x in a month. It just means you have a concerned doctor :o)

I do not think a second opinion is needed as it seems you are in good hands, however if you wanted one, I would see a corneal specialist.

yes. Having your focus seem weak at times is nothing to worry about at this point.

No. No danger to your cornea to putting off surgery as long as possible and using the contact lens....matter of fact that is what I would recommend.

I am glad to hear you are doing so well. Let me know if I can answer any more questions for you. Have a good weekend
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello dr rick

i have seen my optrhalmologist last week about the progress of my eye & he has advised that i remove my bandage contact lense in 6 weeks time.

i find that when i read from a distance,i see a little blurry.would there any concern?

would my vision improve as time progresses.my corneal graph is also 10 months old.

the surgery with regards XXXXX XXXXX my ocular lense is also 4 weeks old.

i noticed that while driving my right eye was slightly hazy as well as dry.

i am currently on tobradex twice a day & fucithalmic ounce at night.

i find that i am still getting by well with my contact lense in the left eye which also has keratoconus.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
It sounds like things are going well. I would not be worried about the blurry vision at this point -- I'd expect that to continue to improve.

For the dryness, continue to use tear replacement drops as needed.

Thanks for the update :)
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD