Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I have a cicular cloud in the centre of my left eye. it moves

I have a cicular cloud in the centre of my left eye. it moves with what I m looking at, It blurs my vision and makes lines wavey. No pain
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

Has this been of sudden onset? For how long has this symptom been there?

When was the last time you got your eyes examined by an ophthalmologist?

Does the cloud move with the direction of the eye movement or is it more like a floaters ( moves in any direction irrespective of the movement of the eye) ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I only noticed it this morning. I was examined 3 years ago. They mentioned that the pressure was high. It moves with the direction of the eye movement

Thank you for the reply and additional information.

Since the central cloud moves with the direction of the eye movement , I would say it is more like a scotoma ( non-seeing area within the visual field). Moreover a sudden onset is more indicative of retinal problem such as a branch retinal vein/artery occlusion/ retinal detachment. There can be other eye conditions with similar symptom but then are more of gradual onset. I don't think an optician would be of much help here. I suggest that you consult an ophthalmologist at the earliest for a detailed dilated eye exam( the exact problem will only then be clear).

Thank you and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and/or positive feedback are welcome.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist