Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

Where are the eye glands located i the eye How do you squeeze

Where are the eye glands located i the eye?
How do you squeeze them?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

The meibomium glands are located at the base of your eyelashes on the very edge of your eyelids. And, there is a much better way to unplug them that :)

Dr. Rick :

Try this:

Dr. Rick :

The best treatment for this condition daily lid scrubs combined with warm compresses. I like to use baby shampoo for lid scrubs. In the shower, place the shampoo on your index fingers, close your eyes, raise your eyebrows (to stretch the skin on your eyelids) and scrub back and forth along your eyelashes for 3 to 5 minutes. The hot water in the shower helps to soften the plugged oils in the glands while the mechanical scrubbing with your soapy fingers removes the oils.

Dr. Rick :

It works great and saves on qtips.....

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your advise, I will try this when I take my shower. I clicked accept answer on another page if it did not pay you let me know. I don't want to do it twice.

Thank you

The payment went through without any problem. Thank you.

Have a good evening.