Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

my eye. just my right eye. wants to shut. no itch,no pain,no

my eye. just my right eye. wants to shut. no itch,no pain,no watery eye,some blurry vision but wipes away. anithistimine dont work. feels heavy and is hard to keep open. mri shows no problem.
Submitted: 5 years ago via HealthBoards.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

It it only that your eye feels like it wants to shut, or does it physically close and you are unable to open it?

Dr. Rick :

I see you are offline. We can use the Q&A system to 'text message' and work on your question...

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
I am here and available to work on your question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the eye is so heavy at times it shuts and effort is required to keep it open. more noticible out doors but is heavy now.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
There are a number of conditions that can cause this. Sometimes the muscle that holds your eyelid open rips and your lid becomes droopy and hard to open. When this occurs, if you were to look in the mirror or ask a friend, you might see that you are arching your eyebrows up in an effort to use your forehead muscles to lift your eyelid. To treat this condition surgery is needed to reattach the ripped muscle.

Other causes include viral infections, nerve inflammation, MS, muscular dystrophy, medicines/drugs, etc. The list can get rather extensive.

A complete exam by an ophthalmologist should be able to get to the root cause of your symptoms.

Does this make sense to you?

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Is there anything else I can tell you about you condition this evening?