Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

While cutting weeds/dandelions in yard, rubbed eyes and got

While cutting weeds/dandelions in yard, rubbed eyes and got extreme burning sensation and watering of eyes that stops when water is put on but starts when no water is put on. How do I make the burning stop?  Also blowing nose.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

That is from the plant juice. You will need to continue to wash your eyes for a longer period of time.

Dr. Rick :

Also, use some natural tears to soothe your eyes.

Dr. Rick :

The good news? As long as you just got the juice in your eyes, and did not cause a corneal abrasion, you will fell better soon. If you have a abrasion on your cornea, it should be better by morning.

Dr. Rick :

If you think you have a foreign body embedded in your eye you will need to see an ophthalmologist to have it removed.

Dr. Rick :

Your nose is running because that is where the tears drain to....

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you? I see you are not online.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

hi.

Customer:

Yes I believe I just got some juice and not any other foreign matter. I have noticed that with repeated rinsing of the eyes plus the abundance of tears are starting to have a positive impact (still burn but not as much). Thank you for the advice.