Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)
9208484

I have sudden blurred vision in my left eye a few times during

I have sudden blurred vision in my left eye a few times during the day. It also has a blister like on the inner side of the white area. Itchy feeling. I do get very mild headaches at night time. Have a hard time sleeping and then lack of energy all day.
I do not wear glasses or contact lens.

Please help
Cindy
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 3 years ago.

Dr. PG :

hi

Dr. PG :

welcome to just answer

Dr. PG :

are you present online?

Customer:

Yes

Dr. PG :

kindly give me some more information regarding your problem

Dr. PG :

are you on any medicines for hypertension/diabetes etc?

Customer:

No I am not on any Medicines for hypertension or diabetes.

Dr. PG :

ok

Dr. PG :

how long was the blurring of vision?

Customer:

I started not feeling my self a few months ago. having tingling to numming in both hands which my doctor said i have arthisits. I since then have tingling in my toes. Very sore back. from mid neck down to my middle of back.

Dr. PG :

ok

Customer:

The blurred vision has been for about 2 weeks now. I went to my doctor just 2 days ago. told him about everything. He did not even look at my eye and just gave me med for my back pain. So I am very upset at him.

Dr. PG :

ok

Dr. PG :

is the blurred vision consistently present or it comes in episodes and the vision improves in between these episodes?

Customer:

it comes and goes for short periods of times. Vision does improve. Having a hard time focusing sometimes when reading

Dr. PG :

ok

Dr. PG :

any other symptoms when you get this blurring like a headache, nausea, visual haloes like colors or flashes of ligh etc?

Customer:

I just get dizzy thur out the day.

Dr. PG :

ok

Dr. PG :

Given your symptoms there are a few possibilities in your case

Dr. PG :

one is that the blurring of vision can be due to an eye problem like glaucoma (increased pressure of the eye), need for glasses, an altered blood supply to the optic nerve (main nerve of the eye)

Dr. PG :

This ca be verified by evaluation by an Ophthalmologist

Dr. PG :

the other possibility is that the symptoms are due to a systemic problem like hypothyroid, migraine headaches etc

Dr. PG :

Ideally you need to be investigated in detail including your thyroid function test, blood sugar levels, blood pressure measurement etc

Dr. PG :

if any of these investigations are positive, then you need to be treated for the same

Dr. PG :

the ideal way would be to consult your medical specialist for detailed investigations and an ophthalmologist for an eye check up

Dr. PG :

if on investigation it is felt that you have an atypical migraine then you would need to be referred to a Neurologist

Dr. PG :

in the meantime I would recommend you to take a good calcium/magnesium supplement, take a good multivitamin supplement, take oral juices/fluids etc. This is to compensate for any calcium, magnesium and electrolyte imbalance

Dr. PG :

also cut down on tea/coffee if you are in habit of taking them a lot

Dr. PG :

hope this is helpful

Customer:

Yes, Thank you

Dr. PG :

you are most welcome

Dr. PG :

hope you get well soon

Dr. PG :

do get back with any more queries

Customer:

Thank you

Dr. PG :

and don't forget to press on the accept button for the transaction to be complete

Customer:

Will do now

Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Experience: MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)