Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)

I awake in the wee hours of the morning. I will go to the

I awake in the wee hours of the morning. I will go to the restroom and get a drink of water. For some reason my eyes are very red. What could be causing this?  I will pay more than $1.  I skipped through the pay pal process too quickly.  I am willing to pay $25.  Thanks.
The cause of repeated redness of eyes on getting up in the morning is commonly due to a mild dryness of eyes. On sleeping the blinking action of the eyes is not working so this worsens the dryness which might be present underlying. That is why the symptoms are present more in the morning. Since you do not have any other symptoms, the dryness might not be severe. You can use lubricating eye drops like systane/genteal/optive/refresh tears etc (available over the counter) 3-4 times a day and specially at night before going to sleep.
If there is still no improvement then you would need to consult an Ophthalmologist for a first hand evaluation and further treatment.