Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

Hi, I was just wondering why i am seeing yellow spots in

Customer Question

I was just wondering why i am seeing yellow spots in my vision, this was the first time it has happened and it didn't last long but why why why? and what could cause this?
Could it be hormon changes as my baby is 8months or has it got something to do with my food i eat.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question. Do these spots float around in your vision, trailing behind the movements of your eyes? Has your vision significantly changed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No they are not floating around just came and went,it only happened once, but i just wanted to know why this COULD have been happening.?
Can you tell me a little more about these spots?

Where they just in one eye?

How many (approximately) did you see?

How big were they relative to your entire visual field? (little specks, bigger sparkles, large strobe lights, etc)

Did they appear suddenly or come on gradually? Did they leave suddenly or gradually?

How long did they last?

Did you have any headache after seeing these spots?

Do you or anyone you're related to have a history of migraine headaches?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi,

No-one including myself gets headaches/migraines in my family.

only saw one to two at a time when after i would blink olny lasted 2-may be 3 mintues, was when i looked a light colour/s.

it came on suddenly.

i'm not sure but think they could of been in both eyes, the specks were around a small coin size. they were very light yellow kinda blurry the spots them self, everything else clear.

hope this helps

Thanks for this additonal information. Based on what you've told me, this sounds like you've experienced an "entopic phenomenon". This is an example of the retina being stimulated by a brighter environment. The retina tends to retain the shape of this lighter object for a small amount of time and then dissipates slowly. I don't suspect that you are experiencing anything of significant worry or concern.

If you do begin to have headaches associated with these, or you start to experience flashing lights (like strobes) or a sudden onset of new specs or dots in the vision or if the vision itself starts to worsen significantly, then these are reasons to see your eye doctor because they could represent problems with the retina.

Does this information help address your concerns? Does this make sense? Do you have any other concerns that I haven't addressed?

I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.

If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.

Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.

Experience: Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
K