Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I wear glasses and have bifocals I have astgmamtisma. Today

I wear glasses and have bifocals I have astgmamtisma. Today I was bent over and when I came back up eveything was double and blurry and it has been that way for several hours now

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Does it get better if you close one eye?

Dr. Rick :

Do you have any medical problems or take any medicines?

Dr. Rick :

Are you available to chat?

I am still here and available to work on your question.....
did you see my request for more information above?
We can talk to each other here, kinda like text messaging.....We still need to come up with an answer to your question :)
It sounds like you may have a decompensated phoria, or possibly a muscle palsey.

The first condition just happens for no apparent reason and is easily treated by prisms once stable. The second condition, many times, resolves on it's own within 6 months.

I suggest you make an appointment with an ophthalmologist sometime this week for a complete eye examination to determine the exact etiology of your symptoms. Once the cause is known, possible outcomes and treatments can be discussed.

The good news? This is not from a brain tumor or stroke.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes it gets a little better when I close one eye. I have several medical conditions and take severeral medications

I WILL HAVE TYPE SLOW DUE TO THIS

That is OK. Did you see my post above? Your problem is with a muscle imbalance of your eyes. There are a number of things that can cause this and the best way to figure them out is with a complete exam by an eye MD.

What caused it to happen when you bent over today? It is impossible to tell. Does this make sense to you?