Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

i had black out vision in both eyes for 25 second. what do

i had black out vision in both eyes for 25 second. what do i have to do
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Do you have any medical problems or take any medicine?

Dr. Rick :

Is it like a dimmer switch, slowly going to totally lights out blindness, that then suddenly comes back to mostly normal?

Dr. Rick :

And, just to make sure I understand, it occurs in both eyes at the same time. Correct?

Dr. Rick :

Are you there? The system shows that you are in the chat room, but I can't see anything you may be typing.

Dr. Rick :

I think the chat system has frozen up. We can use the Q&A system to answer your question and "text message" back and forth to each other.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
Hi. I'm here and waiting to hear from you so we can continue working on your question.....
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
I see you have read my posts but there is no response from you.

What you are describing is called amaurosis fugax. This most often only occurs in one eye at a time but it can occur in both at once...in these cases it is usually caused by a severe vascular condition causing loss of blood flow to the eyes. The possible underlying conditions are varied however, the botXXXXX XXXXXne is you need to have a complete eye exam by an ophthalmologist ASAP.

This temporary loss of vision you are experiencing is a warning sign of more serious things that can go wrong, such as major stroke, permanent blindness (your vision might not turn back one next time), or even death in rare cases.

Does this make sense to you?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
Let me know if there are any other issues you would like to discuss on this topic.