Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)

I have had on February 3/11 cataract surgery in my right eye. I

Customer Question

I have had on February 3/11 cataract surgery in my right eye.
I had the re-stor multifocal lens implanted.
I am still experiencing halo's around lights and what looks like a cobweb around High density headlights on aproaching vehicles at night.
Upon my return to visit my surgeon three weeks after the surgery he said the eye was still swollen inside and exccess moisture was still in the eye.
Are my symptoms likely to improve or is this as good as it gets?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 5 years ago.

Dr. PG :

Dr. PG :

welcome to just answer

Dr. PG :

are you present online?

Dr. PG :

from the description of your symptoms it seems that you might be having cystoid macular edema (CME)

Dr. PG :

This is edema of the central part (macula) of the retina

Dr. PG :

this can occur rarely after any eye surgery

Dr. PG :

the initial treatment for this is to use anti-inflammatory eye drops like nepafenac, bromfenac etc and continue the mild steroid eye drops prescribed after surgery

Dr. PG :

if the edema is severe then you might need an injection in the eye of avastin

Dr. PG :

to determine the extent of edema you might need investigations like OCT

Dr. PG :

hope this information helps

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi again,

within the last couple of days my wife has noticed that when there is any kind of reflection of light from against my pupil, it looks like the reflected light wobbles/jiggles almost jelly like movement when i move my eye.

She has also noticed that when the light catches my pupil it will sometimes look like the pupil is an opaque or silver like color.

Is this normal after a lens replacement surgery?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

*Also if i wanted to add a bonus/tip to send you, do you receive all of what I send or do you get a % of what is sent?

As I would like to send a bonus payment, however If you get only a % I will happily send it to you through paypal.

Expert:  Dr. PG replied 5 years ago.
The opaque or silver like color can appear after lens implantation. This is the reflection of the lens that you see. A mild amount of movement of the iris is normal after surgery, but if the movement is marked, then you need to get a review done to look for any displacement of the intraocular lens.