Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

My eye is blood shot and the vision is foggy. I got an antibotic

Customer Question

My eye is blood shot and the vision is foggy. I got an antibotic eye drop, but why is my vision foggy?Will that take a few days to clear up?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

There are a number of reasons your eye could be red and your vision cloudy. The reasons range from something mild, such as conjunctivitis with abnormal tear film, to serious conditions like angle closure glaucoma attack or intraocular inflammation (uveitis)

Dr. Rick :

Have you seen a doctor? Is your eye painful? How quickly did the redness and vision loss come on? Do you take any medicine or have any medical problems?

Dr. Rick :

I'm not sure why my comments are posting twice....must be gremlins in the machine again :o)

Customer:

I started with a sinus infection and then over a course of a week my eye begin to get more red. I work on a computer all day, so by the end of the day my eye is really irratated. I did see a doctor who gave me eye drops and they felt that the sinus infection is more than likely the cause of the eye irratation. I thought as soon as I started using the eye drops the cloudiness would clear up.

Customer:

I'm not on any other medication. It really isn't painful, only at the end of the day it does hurt alittle. I'm working 12 hour days right now.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying £3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
You may also have a underlying virus infection as the cause of your sinus problems. In this case, the virus could very well spread to your eye and cause the issues you are having. The good news? The above treatment (tear replacement drops, lid scrubs, warm soaks) will also address any virus infection you may have.

As you know, antibiotics treat bacteria, not viruses, so there is no need for antibiotic drops at this point.

Give the above treatment at least 3 weeks to "kick in" before you start telling all your friends what an idiot I am :o)