Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have been experiencing eye twitching with left sided facial

I have been experiencing eye twitching with left sided facial twitching which is also starting to effect my lt ear.Ihi noticed today that my the brow bone above the eye that twitches is very sore also. This has been going on for months now and gets better at times but them when it comes back it seems to be worse.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

are you available to chat?

Dr. Rick :

You are most likely experiencing something called blepharospasm. This can be due to pressure on a nerve to your face from issues of a large blood vessel pushing on the nerve or the cause of this may not be found, even with a complete workup

Dr. Rick :

Once the precipitating factors can be found, they can be treated. If no specific cause can be located (idiopathic) drugs and injections (botox) can be used to control the spasms

Dr. Rick :

I suggest you have a complete examination by an ophthalmologist at your earliest convenience. It is also possible that what you are experiencing is myokymia. This is a less severe form of twitching that is caused by stress, lack of sleep and too much caffeine. You could try reducing stress, sleeping more/better and no longer using caffeine and see if things improve.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

k