Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

I had an Introcular Lens cataract surgery on both eyes in January

I had an Introcular Lens cataract surgery on both eyes in January this year. I was healing okay then my eyes started to feel burning, scratchy, & watery about 9 days ago. My doctor who did the surgery told me yesterday that my eyes are very dry & there is a lot of inflammation.

He recommended using artificial tears & told me to come back to see him about 4 weeks later. My doctor is super busy & very nice but he tends to not provide explanation.
1. I want to know if inflammation will eventually heals itself using artifical tears.
2. It has been almost 9 days but why ithe symptoms are not getting better?
3. Any recommendation helpful for fast recovery?
Thank you so much !!!!

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

It will take a few weeks for things to get better. You should also use warm compresses and scrub your eyelashes with johnson and johnsons baby shampoo.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. Welcome to chat

Dr. Rick :

best treatment for this condition daily lid scrubs combined with warm compresses. I like to use baby shampoo for lid scrubs. In the shower, place the shampoo on your index fingers, close your eyes, raise your eyebrows (to stretch the skin on you eyelids) and scrub back and forth along your eyelashes for 3 to 5 minutes. The hot water in the shower helps to soften the plugged oils in the glands while the mechanical scrubbing with your soapy fingers removes the oils

Dr. Rick :

does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

The inflammation, called blepharitis, will get much better with the above treatment, but it is not an instant fix. Give it at least 3 or 4 weeks to kick in

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

continue to also use the natural tears as your surgeon suggested. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with on this topic. Have a good evening.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I feel relieved from worrying after reading your answer. Thank you so much for quick reply !!!.

My pleasure. Take care.