Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

one of my eyes..If I blow my nose, I feel air in my eye..itching

I had a Johnson tube put in one of my eyes. If I blow my nose, I feel air in my eye. Which is no problem but I continually have to apply TobraDex to stop the itching. I wash my eyes with baby shampoo and water because I get clogged pores on my eye liner area. Is there another solution?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Customer:

Do you have any other solutions?

Dr. Rick :

When was the jones tube placed?

Customer:

May 2010

Dr. Rick :

the baby shampoo is a good treatment. If the plugged glands are an issue a trial of doxycycline 100 mg a day can help, but you would have to take it for an extended time

Dr. Rick :

ok; plenty of time for healing.

Dr. Rick :

where does it itch?

Customer:

In the inner corner. It gets red and little white bumps.

Customer:

I use to be on Doxycycline for Roseaca. Should I go back on it? How long?

Dr. Rick :

The baby shampoo lid scrubs should also help with that....but since they aren't doing the job you can use a small amount of dexamethasone 1% cream. Just put a small amount on the affected area a couple of times a day. OTC allergy pills like Zertec may also help.

Dr. Rick :

at least a month.....

Dr. Rick :

and your roseaca could be part of the cause of the itching...

Dr. Rick :

does this make sense to you?

Customer:

I guess but I don't understand this roseaca is such a problem.

Customer:

Any cure for large pores? It seems that antibiotic creams help both roseaca and large pores. Does that make sense?

Dr. Rick :

It can be chronic, as you know, acting up for no apparent reason. Try the topical steroids on the skin, continue the lid scrubs and talk with your ophthalmologist about possibly starting back on the doxy

Customer:

Why does the TobraDex help?

Dr. Rick :

Yes, and I believe you are correct. The best source for info on treating all aspects of the skin is, of course, a dermatologist.

Dr. Rick :

The dex part is dexamethasone.....

Dr. Rick :

but most of it is going in your eye on not on the area you want treated, therefor the cream.

Dr. Rick :

My kids are yelling at me -- they want to go and see "the adjustment bureau" which starts in 20 minutes (even though we are only 10 minutes from the movie theater) so I best run if I know what is best for me.

Dr. Rick :

Is there anything else I can add for you?

Customer:

Ok, thanks.

Customer:

No, that has really helped. Thanks. ENjoy your movies.

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure. Have a good day.

Customer:

You must be a good dad!

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I try...

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
k
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest